The date of payment from buyers deliver within days
A13 Building Industrial Park, Xiaojiang Town, Pingyang County, Wenzhou City, Zhejiang Province, China
Why choose FFS Packaging?
If you fill more than several hundred thousand bags per year, then Form Fill Seal technology can save you money
What is Form Fill Seal?
● A fully automatic low cost packing concept for dry solids, pellets, flakes, powders, crystals, fibrous materials and slurries or pastes
● The bag is Formed on the bagging machine from a roll of film, immediately Filled then Sealed across the top
Why is FFS growing?
Because of synthesis of film & packaging machinery developments
● new stronger, lighter films are less expensive
● improved film sealing technology and powder handling techniques
● Printing the film within the FFS machine before the bag is made provides the ability to change product or batch without loading a new roll of film
● Ease and reliability of automating the bagging operation
● Reduces the number of operators on the bagging line
● Improves productivity owing to a dramatic increase of packing rate
What are the advantages of FFS?
● Bags made on FFS are less expensive than pre-made bags = "pay back"
● Lower capital cost than fully auto machine when packing rate above 500 bags/h
● Total automation - usually unattended, labour saving provides ="pay-back"
● Consistent packing rate
● Compact (especially the Vertical FFS)
● Fast - increased production rate, reduced no. of shifts ="pay back"
● Easy and quick to clean-out between production batches
● Fewer moving parts - especially Vertical FFS
● 'Online’film printing provides readable bar code and product info
What are the disadvantages of FFS?
● Not economical for short production runs of one bag size - below 1000 x 25 Kg bags = 25 tons
● Cannot handle paper
● Cannot handle multi-ply packing materials
● Not economical for packing low density, aerated powders such as wheat flour, talcum powder, skimmed and whey powder at medium speeds
● Cannot remove ‘trapped air’ very quickly or easily
● Shape of package made by Vertical FFS or ‘C’ type FFS not as good as valve sack
● Cannot self adjust for different widths of bag (but changing length is very easy on Horizontal and Vertical FFS machines)
What factors should be considered when contemplating FFS?
● Will your customers accept plastic bags?
● Are plastic bags tough enough?
● Do any regulations prohibit the use of plastic bags?
● Speed – is bagging rate above 200-300 bags/hour
● Can you run one bag size and weight continuously for a minimum of 2 hours
● Are your products:- fine, aerated, low density, if so FFS may be expensive especially if you pack 3 x 25kg bags/minute
The Future for FFS
What machinery and film developments will increase usage of FFS?
1.Developments of porous films which mimic quality of multi-ply paper and are acceptable for packing food products
2.Stronger ‘puncture proof’ films as tough and cheap as laminated woven PP or multi-ply paper
3.As item 2, but totally waterproof and impervious to moisture
4.Ability of FFS to handle packaging materials made up of a multi-layer of films with a labyrinth of perforations allowing trapped air to escape quickly
6.“Reaction films” which become as rigid as a carton
7.Cyclonic de-aeration making it easy and cheap to pack low density food powders such as skimmed milk
The Golden Rules
● No single solution for all businesses
● On pure economic grounds FFS is hard to resist
□ Changing from paper to plastic gives dramatic reduction in packaging material costs
□ Automation provides labour saving
□ Packing speed accelerated throughput gives improved productivity
● Technical constraints often excludes FFS
□ Very fine, very light powders
□ Moist products which need to ‘breathe’
□ Limited packing rate with problematical products
□ Flexibility, frequent bag size changes
□ Need for special heavy duty packaging or product protection
● ‘Customer is king’ – customer perception – some markets do not ccept plastic bags
● Improvements in film and machine technology will increase appeal of FFS
|Material:||Plastic||Plastic Type:||PE||Bag Type:||Side Gusset Bag|
|Industrial Use:||Applicable to Various Industries||Feature:||Shock Resistance/ Moisture proof||Surface Handling:||Gravure Printing|
|Sealing & Handle:||up to your demands||Custom Order:||Accept||Place of Origin:||Zhejiang, China (Mainland)|
|Brand Name:||DanYear||Size:||According to the Customers||Color:||10 Colors|
|Handle weight:||25kg,50kg etc, as your demands||Printing:||Gravnre Printing||Usage:||Package|
|MOQ:||10000pcs||Logo:||Accept Customized Logo||Certificate:||FDA/ISO/SGS|